Welcome to our Knowledge Base
< All Topics

Undeclared Students

All undeclared students are assigned to a professional advisor in the Center for Academic Advising and Retention (CAAR). Professional advisors in CAAR follow the Appreciative Advising philosophy.

Students will work with a CAAR advisor until they are able to declare their intended major. The criteria for when students can declare a major is set by the departments. Degree Completion Coordinators work with each department to create a Major Ready Form that CAAR advisors use to determine when to send students to the department with the major declaration form. At which point, students will transition from a CAAR advisor to a faculty advisor within the program. When this happens, the faculty advisor becomes responsible for all academic advising.

Leave a Comment