An Eagles Serving Eagles Inservice Day will be held from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, in Hargreaves Hall 201. All EWU staff are encouraged to attend and lunch will be provided.
Led by a facilitator, this inservice day is a great opportunity for staff to network and discuss items such as collaboration, communication strategies and common challenges.
Please read the message below from President McMahan as it includes RSVP information and a detailed agenda.
Dear Campus Community,
It’s time to rally and get excited for our Eagles Serving Eagles All Staff In-service Day on June 20!
I’d like to see 75% of your offices in attendance, so please begin planning now to best accommodate this important staff event. We know that schedules can be busy this time of year with schools releasing for the summer and vacations about to begin, so we have condensed our time…to serve you!
If you are able to participate, please fill out the RSVP link by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 14.
Tuesday, June 20
8:30 am – 1 p.m. (box lunch take away)
Hargreaves Reading Room 201
No zoom option will be available
8:30 a.m.: Coffee Service and Arrival
8:45 – 9:15 a.m.: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Introduction of the goals and objectives (Back to Basics)
- Brief overview of the agenda and schedule for the day
9:15 – 10 a.m.: Why We Exist at EWU
- Presentation on the mission and values of EWU and how they align with student success/service units – the EWU Creed, what is new?
- Break into small groups to discuss how individual roles contribute to the success of EWU students
10 – 10:45 a.m.: Collaboration at EWU
- Presentation on the importance of collaboration in achieving institutional goals
- Break into small groups to discuss the benefits and challenges of collaboration
- Group presentations on strategies for effective collaboration
10:45 – 10:55 a.m.: Break
10:55 a.m. – Noon: Communication at EWU
- Presentation on effective communication strategies for staff to use with students and stakeholders
- Break into small groups to discuss common communication challenges and solutions
Noon – 1 p.m.: Boxed Lunch and Networking and Facilitator Closing remarks
- Provide boxed lunch and opportunities for team members to network and connect with each other
- Summary of the key takeaways
- Next steps and action items for staff to implement the ideas and strategies discussed now and in the fall to come
For any questions, please contact Nancy Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 509.359.7099.
I hope to see you all there!
Dr. Shari McMahan