Hello everyone – As November begins, our Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is offering the following resources to support you and your family:
- EAP webinars: Learn about all that EAP offers, through a live 30-minute EAP Orientation webinar. Join EAP at 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Can’t attend the live November webinar? Check out future dates or watch on-demand. In addition, EAP offers on-demand webinars on a variety of subjects, including navigating change, leading change, stress management, creating psychological safety on work teams, and more.
- 73% of the workforce have some caregiving responsibility, with 23% of caregivers reporting that caregiving has made their own health worse. This month we offer the following resources to support caregivers at home and at work:
- Resources for Caregivers (American Psychological Association)
- AARP Family Caregiving Guide (AARP/American Association of Retired Persons)
- Caregiver Burnout (Cleveland Clinic)
- 5 Things Employers Get Wrong About Caregivers at Work (Harvard Business Review)
- The Caring Company (Fuller and Raman, Harvard Business School)
- Helping Employers Support and Retain Working Caregivers (AARP/American Association of Retired Persons)
- Supporting Caregivers in the Workplace (Center for Workplace Mental Health/American Psychiatric Association)
- EAP Work/Life site is also offering tools and resources in recognition of National Family Caregivers Month, to support caregivers to take better care of themselves. This month’s on-demand seminar, “Caring for the Caregiver”, explores the challenges of coping with caregiver stress while supporting loved ones. it is available beginning Tuesday, Nov. 21, through the Work/Life site. Just login with your Organization Code, EWU.