Greetings EWU Community Members:
Collaboration between Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Business and Finance over the last year has allowed the university to make some major strides in a number of large-scale projects. The convergence of these projects may impact regular processing of routine tasks. We are making every effort to address and mitigate these disruptions before they occur; however, we are asking for your patience and understanding as we make our way into summer and the next academic year. We are committed to providing ‘just in time’ communication to you, as stakeholders, and aim to improve our strategies as we learn what works best.
Here’s a small sample of what’s to come (all while much of the university is returning to in-person operations):
Migration of Banner data to the Cloud
2021-22 Catalog publication with updated curriculum and policies
Implementation of new degree audit system
Major declaration online workflow
As we transition to the new College reorganization structure, changes to Banner will go live on May 3 in preparation for Fall 2021 course registration. For many of you, this change will be seamless, but we did want you to be aware of some implications that will impact students and major declarations.
Implications of College Reorganization
· Major declarations will continue to map to the current college structure; however, declarations received after April 30, 2021, will be effective in Fall 2021 under the 2021-22 Catalog and new college structure
· Students already declared will automatically have their College and Department updated, more information will be dispersed in the weeks ahead for this group of students.
· We will be temporarily suspending the 90-credit major declaration hold that prevents students from registering until they declare their major. We do not want to negatively impact students’ ability to enroll due to this potential processing lag.
· The primary implications for faculty have already been experienced through curriculum change and class scheduling. Although we do not expect significant impacts to reporting, faculty should let us know if they notice unexpected irregularities.
· Those involved in support functions for students and faculty need to be aware of the implications listed for those respective groups.
Questions can be directed to Heather Veeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.